Chromium or chrome is probably the most useful metal around. Being very soft, this metal is used in a wide array of everyday products. Since it is soft, there is nothing made entirely of solid chrome. Chrome plating gives your metal objects that lovely bluish glow. While chrome is a very long-lasting metal that lasts for years, it easily gets dirty and dull-looking. Clean chrome frequently using the proper method and Flitz polish.
Follow these cleaning tips:
1. Keep your chrome always clean. The best option to keep your chromes from damage is never to let them get dirty from the very start. When chromes are very dirty, you need more effort and force to clean them, and the higher your risk of damaging these objects.
2. Use soap and water. As the universal cleaner, soap and water will keep your chrome clean . The handles and faucets of your sink can be used to clean the chrome finish. For hard-to-reach places and grooves, use a soft-bristled toothbrush.
3. If soap and water are not enough to give a clean finish, you need to use something a little stronger. You can continue using a soft rag, but this time use vinegar as chrome cleaner. Plain white vinegar or apple cider is a bit acidic and removes tarnish and gunk easily from chrome.
4. Clean rusty chrome to perverse its looks. If you catch a glimpse of rust in your chrome finish, get rid of it ASAP. Get a bit of aluminum foil, crumple, and dip it in vinegar. A good substitute is Coca-Cola. Then start scrubbing until it disappears. Be careful not to apply use too much pressure, utilize just a medium force as it might damage your chrome. Re-dip your foil to the liquid when it starts to get dry.
5. Keep it all dry. Check the cleanliness of your chrome and if satisfied, dry it up. If not, repeat the procedure. Make it all dry as chrome is absolutely notorious for developing water spots.
6. Buffing your chrome with Flitz metal polish is the last step. After cleaning and polishing using either Flitz liquid polish or the paste, you can extend the beauty of your chrome for a longer time and even minimize the frequency of cleaning, get an eco-friendly green Flitz polish in the 16oz bottle or the Flitz polish paste in the 5.29 oz box. You can order from home supply stores online. This polish protects your chrome from the ravage of the environment.
Enjoy the beautiful things around you. You can continue enjoying their beauty by taking proper care of them. Do not neglect your chrome, keep them from becoming dirty. Use these tips to guide you and enjoy living with these things exuding beauty.